Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sun Protection: A Must!!!

I didn't want anybody to forget about this posting from October...so I am re-posting it for November. It really needs to be taken very seriously!!!

Not sure who was listening this morning...but I was at the dermatologist this week. She shared with me that she had just recently seen two male cyclists, each with malignant skin cancer. One was on an ear, and the other was on the back of the neck. She really read me the riot act, even though I am a diligent sun-protection wearer. She said that even in the winter we should all be wearing it on whatever areas are exposed. The nose is a very prominent place to get skin cancer as well as the edges around the ears. She also said, that the choice of sun-protection is equally as important...finding one with zinc oxide as a main ingredient is paramount for blockage of the suns harmful rays. I use a product called "Blue Lizard" which I think is a great product and easily order-able on Amazon.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...Great ride today!!!
xo,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment