Thursday, December 23, 2010

It’s Not Too Cold

See...People are still riding!!! Maybe you guys should consider growing out your leg hair too!!! This is an excerpt from a Hincapie Article.

Miss you all!!!

Linda


Brr!

When I went through my Hincapie clothing at Kenda’s training camp this year, I laughed at the super-thick ski gloves.

“I live in Florida,” I told them. “Can I trade these for an extra wind vest or something?”

They didn’t let me trade, which is fortunate, because I’m in Maryland and getting plenty of use out of these things, as well as the thermal jacket, the beanie, and for the first time ever, an item I didn’t even know existed: the neck gaiter. I prefer the neck gaiter to the balaclava, because it can be removed or pulled down if it gets too hot, and I’m in less danger getting arrested.

I started growing out my leg hair for that extra layer. If it gets too bad, I’ll take a lesson from the polar bears and add a few layers of fat. If anyone has access to one of those swirly ice cream dispensers, I’d like to just lie underneath it for hour. That’s probably a better way to do it than salmon.

If it gets too bad, I have a super-fancy new set of rollers from TruTrainer, which beat the crap out of traditional ones. Sure, they cost about twice what you’d pay for a traditional set, but as usual, you get what you pay for. These have a belt drive, rather than just a rubber band, they’re much more adjustable, and they have a neat little platform that sits on top, which takes the danger out of the mounting and dismounting process.

When the temperature dips into the teens or lower, I like to get fully dressed, jump on the rollers indoors for a few minutes until I’m uncomfortably hot, and then get out the door.

Don’t let the cold weather keep you off the bike. It’s just a matter of having the right gear to make it safe and comfortable. I’m working on a bike-driven snowplow. I’ll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment